[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Roman page numbers.

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Roman page numbers.
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:26:41 -0500

> Greetings David,
>           I have only now had a chance to try your code: This is wonderful.
> Thank you very much.
> Hwaen Ch'uqi

I'm glad you find it useful!

I've looked at this some more, and I've figured out how to get the
Roman numerals into the table-of-contents.  (It involves adapting the
command \page-ref.)

In the attached file, I've tried to make a sort of template consisting of

Title Page (no page number)
Table-of-contents (lowercase Roman numeral centered at the bottom of the page)
Other prefatory material (as above)
The Music (Arabic numerals):
  first score (no page number on first page)
  all other pages numbered on top, to sides

I've offset the first page of the score to begin on 1.

The variable you need to change is `begin-arabic' at the top of the
document (which is the absolute page-number on which Arabic numerals
start--that is, discounting the offset I do to get the score to start
with 1)

In this version, the function `roman-numeral-page-number' no longer
takes an argument.  The switch back to Arabic numerals results from
not including the function in the following bookpart.

I'm not sure of the best way to get the instrument name to appear in
the scores after the first one.

Anyway, this strikes me as a bit convoluted, and if anybody has any
suggestions to make this smoother, please don't hesitate.


Description: Binary data

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]