Mutopia contributions [WAS: Version Control and Public Repository]

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Mutopia contributions [WAS: Version Control and Public Repository]
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 11:59:23 +0100

Il 09/11/2012 21:57, Nick Payne ha scritto:
On 10/11/12 03:08, Urs Liska wrote:

Re public repositories: Do you know mutopiaproject.org? Is that what
you mean?

Mutopiaproject seems pretty dead. No scores have appeared there since 12
February, including a couple that I sent them subsequent to that date,
and they don't answer their e-mails either...

This is unfortunate..
From time to time we discuss in this list about the status of Mutopia and what it needs to make the things work better. AFAIK, main problem is the administrative infrastructure. I've found a discussion on mutopia-discuss (private mailing list) about the need of a bug tracking system. github bug tracking doesn't offer all the features needed and Valentine tried to explore Redmine.. I don't know what he achieved.

Also, how does the review process work? Who is responsible for that?
Maybe opening the review to all the people subscribed to mutopia-discuss will help to reduce the work load on few persons?

Another option: as many users have an account on github, they could fork the mutopia repository and send a pull request when they have a new score to submit. This way the contribution would be public and visible and anyone could comment on it.

https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests