Re: Lyrics

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Lyrics
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:54:51 +0100

I see two options:

1) Instead of using \chd with your proper chords in it, you could just create a dummy chord voice like

dummy = \chordmode { \repeat unfold n  { c1 } }

and use that to associate the Lyrics Staff with. That way you definitely have one "stop" per measure.

I don't really get that problem of non-aligned measures with the text. It works nicely with Lily 2.16.0. Except of course if a text passage is already too long to fit in a whole line, but I don't see how this is a Lilypond problem. Apparently, you still need to use chordmode for that dummy line - it didn't work otherwise here.

2) Someone else can suggest a better approach than mine (that's not unlikely - I have used Lilypond for quite a while now, but always for rather basic stuff like Jazz Leadsheets). Also, when I tried out my solution, I wasn't at my own computer but used the online editor Lilybin instead ... now that I'm back at my machine, I see that my approach works, but produces many warnings on the console - so it'd be probably even a good idea if someone else did suggest a different approach ...