Re: Two problems with Rests

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Two problems with Rests
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 13:53:50 +0000

Hello

2) rests2.gif shows a quarter (?? r8) rest that is being placed
somewhere in the middle on a piano staff. Is is generated by the upper
voice of the top score, with

   ~ g4 \oneVoice r8 \voiceOne g8 | c2

the idea was to get a centered rest in the staff.
I did this before in other situations, now sure what is wrong this time.

This isn't working because there is a half note in the voice below.
If I substitute it for a quarter and a silence, then the rest goes to the correct position.

Instead of using oneVoice/voiceOne, I am using the tweak suggested by Nathan, using g8\rest, to force the position of the rest.

Thank you all,
Alberto