Re: Trill and nonstandard expressive mark

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: Trill and nonstandard expressive mark
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 18:56:18 -0500

Here is my solution to the aforementioned upprall trill spanner
problem. I still think it could be vastly improved for two reasons.
a.) the squiggles don't match in weight from the prall to the trill
spanner line. b.) The values given for the extra-offset might by
necessity be different in any given case due to changes in the skyline
(am I using that term right) or other factors. Therefore it is a guess
to get them to mate and it will usually take a few attempts with
different values to get it right.

Shane

\relative c'' {
  \set crescendoSpanner = #'text
  \override DynamicTextSpanner #'style = #'trill
  \once\override DynamicTextSpanner #'extra-offset = #'(1.0 . -2.5)
  bes4^\upprall^\< ~bes8.(    a32 \! }