Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 20:47:06 +0100

Am 2013-01-07 um 15:01 schrieb Peter Crighton:

> Could you explain to me why you think Gentium isn’t suitable for
> lyrics? I’m using it (Gentium Book Basic) for my lyrics and am quite
> satisfied with it:
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/radiant_records/Sing+it+High+Songbook/Sing+It+High+Sample.pdf
> But maybe I’m missing some important issues … I’m not that much of a
> typographer.

Gentium is great and I use it e.g. as base font of a Unitarian church magazine,
with its "human" look-and-feel I find it very suitable.
But for lyrics I want a bit more contrast and clarity. (If we have songs in
that magazine, I also use Gentium, of course.)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm