Re: Guide to Writing Orchestral Scores with Lilypond?????

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Guide to Writing Orchestral Scores with Lilypond?????
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:33:12 +0100

Hello Urs,

Am 09.01.2013 um 17:31 schrieb Urs Liska:
> Am 09.01.2013 13:48, schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
>>> If it really comes to a collaborative project I suggest setting up a
>>> dedicated mailing list.
>>> Github doesn't provide mailing lists, so we should have another one
>>> elsewhere.
>>> Any suggestions anyone?
>> with the "Posaunenchor" (brass band), I used to play with, we
>> connected/organized with google groups. If all interested  ponders are on
>> facebook, a group could be formed there ... both solutions are a bit scary
>> IMO ;)
>> but it should be functional ...
> From those options I'd prefer Google over Facebook. Not less scary, but I'd
> consider Google more as a platform for actually _work_ together (although
> this might be strictly emotional ...).
I would'nt say its emotional ;) FB is always scattered with ads and really
unimportant jokes - so its a playground and it is *not* mailing list. I've just
heard of people using it in such a way and it seems, almost anybody has an
account.
But probably anybody has another alternative for mailing-lists.
> Is it possible to integrate a Google group with Google's issue tracker (as I
> find Github's issue tracker somewhat too simplistic)?
I don't know, but it seems, google services are quite integrated.
> Do we actually need a _group_? Wouldn't a mailing list be enough?
Francisco already said it, I think ... google groups acts like a mailing list
with integrated archive. One maintainer/admin needs a google account, the
members can access it with any address.

So, shall we make a google group? I do have an infrequently used google account
and could create a group.

Cheers, Jan-Peter