Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 17:59:21 -0500

On Jan 12, 2013, at 2:53 PM, Jim Tisdall <address@hidden> wrote:

> In trying to compile frescobaldi on my mac pro osx10.7.5, I have the
> program running but I've run into the following problem with trying
> to get the python-poppler-qt4-0.16.3 extension to work:

Hi Jim,  I got as far as trying to installing the poppler pdf part about a
month or so ago and ran out of steam.  (I am not very fluent with the command
line.)

So I've just been using an older 2.0.4 version that I installed with this
pre-packaged mac installer that Rodolfo Zitellini made:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/frescobaldi/Of51097BeqA/7F3geR2gPd4J

Here's a link to the installer file:
http://www.xhero.org/frescobaldi.zip

It would be great to have an easy installer like this for the more recent 2.0.8
version (and future versions).  Frescobaldi really takes working with LilyPond
to another level compared with the default LilyPond.app for mac.  I've found
the text highlighting, point-and-click functionality, and having everything in
one window to be really helpful.

Good luck with it!
-Paul