Re: multi-instrument parts

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: multi-instrument parts
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:40:05 -0800

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:43:04 -0800, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

I've been using it for 10 years now.

Sorry, I've seen so many names they are all a jumble in my head.  In that case,
for the part where the player switches instruments, you'd probably like to
store the as-written pitches along with the transpositions.  Then you can use
LilyPond's quoting system to get the music in concert pitch for the C-score.

windMusic = {
   <>^\markup\bold "Flute"
   \transposition c'
   \key d \major
   \relative d' {
     d8( e fis g a b cis d) }
   <>^\markup\bold\concat{ "Clarinet in B" \flat}
   \transposition bes
   \transpose bes c' \relative d' {
     \tag#'part \key d\major
     d( e fis g a b cis d)
     \bar "||"  %% This gets lost, maybe due to a bug
     \key f \major
     d,( e fis g a b cis d) }
   <>^\markup\bold "Flute"
   \transposition c'
   \tag#'part \key f \major
   \relative d' {
     d( e fis g a b cis d) } }

\addQuote "wind" \keepWithTag#'score \windMusic

windMusicInC = \quoteDuring "wind" #(skip-of-length windMusic )

\new Staff \keepWithTag#'part \windMusic % Part

\score { \new Voice \windMusicInC }