Re: \bar "||" and \repeat around a line break

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Re: \bar "||" and \repeat around a line break
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:37:22 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 08:28:37 schrieb Ralph Palmer:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Johan Vromans <address@hidden>wrote:
> > Frank Steinmetzger <address@hidden> writes:
> > > I knew about the |: bar statement, but also that I can't use two bars
> >
> > for the same moment. The grace hint works like a charm, thanks Johan.
>
> Johan -
>
> In case you don't know (perhaps the "|:" was a typo), "||:" is distinct
> from "|:".

Well I typed it–unaware of the distinction.

> Please see :
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/bars#bar-lines
> in the Notation Reference. This section states (among other things) :
> […]
> In addition, you can specify "||:", which is equivalent to "|:" except at
> line breaks, where it gives a double bar line at the end of the line and a
> start repeat at the beginning of the next line.
> and gives a graphic example.

Excellent. Just as I was implementing it I noticed that the \grace approach
caused the \breathe sign which comes right before the \bar "||" to appear
wrong; namely after the linebreak. The ||: approach does it right.
Again, thanks.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

Nowadays you must motivate your people, yelling alone doesn’t help anymore.