Scripts and Slurs

From: Noeck
Subject: Scripts and Slurs
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:42:00 +0100

Hi,

if I change the outside-staff-priority of a Script, the Slur is still
placed as if the Scripts would be inside, even if there is more space
now. Is that on purpose?
(I know that the staccato is not placed outside the slurs. But if I
wanted to, shouldn't it be printed nicely anyways?)

{
  c'-.( d'-.) % good looking default
  \override Script #'outside-staff-priority = #1000
  c'-.( d'-.) % not so nice
  c'( d')     % this shows the slur could be placed closer
}

Could the slur be placed before the script (not only in order but also
when determining the best slur) in case it as a higher priority?

Joram