weird behaviour with horizontal brackets and \include

From: Kevin Patrick Barry
Subject: weird behaviour with horizontal brackets and \include
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:00:56 +0000

Dear LilyPond users,

I believe I have encountered a complex bug involving the interaction between horizontal brackets and outside-staff-priority. It is both obscure and easy to work around, so it's not urgent, but I thought I would send it here anyway.  It requires two files to reproduce. Rather than explain what I was trying to do I'll simply paste in some tinyish examples that should reproduce the bug (although they won't make any sense). (I am using LilyPond 2.16.1 through Frescobaldi 2.08 on Ubuntu 12.10.)

"stylefile.ly":

\version "2.16.1"

\layout {

\context {

\Voice

\consists "Horizontal_bracket_engraver"

"score.ly":

\version "2.16.1"

\include "stylefile.ily"

\include "stylefile.ily"

\relative c' {

c1-\tweak #'outside-staff-priority #1500 \startGroup c\stopGroup

}

The bug seems to be caused by the inclusion of the stylefile twice in the score (this happens indirectly in my own files), however it only affects horizontal brackets that I have tweaked the outside-staff-priority of (nothing else, not even other horizontal brackets are affected). The bug can be extended by adding extra \includes - each one will add another bracket.

Regards,

Kevin Barry