Re: Windows registry, Python, and LilyPond

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Re: Windows registry, Python, and LilyPond
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 22:10:25 +0100
On 2013-09-12 14:32, Frederick Bartlett wrote:
> All,
>
> I just installed LilyPond on a new laptop (same OS -- Windows 7 -- as
> before), but this time the registry entry
> HKCR\Python\shell\open\command\(Default), which is set to C:\Program
> Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\python.exe ...., interferes with my path to my
> Python installation in C:\Python27.
>
> There seem to have been problems regarding the registry in the past, but
> not exactly like the one I've encountered ... does anyone have handy info
> on how to convince Windows to let LilyPond run its own python while
> everything else runs my python?

Nearly two years ago I wrote to this list commenting about major
problems (including registry residue) resulting from trying to run
Python 2, Python 3 and Lilypond on the same Windoze box.

Since switching to GNU/Linux they've all got on just fine. Switching to
GNU/Linux is one of the best things I've ever done with a computer.