Re: Handicapped barcheck message in Lilypond version 2.17.26-1

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Handicapped barcheck message in Lilypond version 2.17.26-1
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 21:12:41 +0200

Wim van Dommelen <address@hidden> writes:

> I downloaded the newest version (2.17.26) today and saw a strange
> message converning barcheck. It lost the
>
> This sample code:
>
>       \version "2.17.26"
>
>       \relative f {
>               c'4 d | e f g a b c
>       }
>
> produces this error:
>
>       GNU LilyPond 2.17.26
>       Processing `test-barcheck.ly'
>       Parsing...
>       Interpreting music...
>       test-barcheck.ly:4:13: warning: barcheck failed at: 0/0
>               c'4
>                   d | e f g a b c
>       Preprocessing graphical objects...
>       Finding the ideal number of pages...
>       Fitting music on 1 page...
>       Drawing systems...
>       Layout output to `test-barcheck.ps'...
>       Converting to `./test-barcheck.pdf'...
>       Success: compilation successfully completed
>
> The ouput looks OK, but in the last stable the message will refer to
> "1/2" instead of "0/0" as it used to be.
>
> An entry for the bug-list?

Not before we get more data.  I don't see 0/0 in current master but
rather 1/2 as before.  So we need to get more data (which platform
exactly, which binary etc).  Since I can't reproduce this on current
master and there has not really been any relevant change I can remember,
this points to a bad compilation and/or a platform-specific problem.  Or
something related to garbage collection.  We need to see whether we can
reproduce this on another system.

--
David Kastrup