Re: Problem with hemiola notation

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Problem with hemiola notation
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:01:42 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan McConnell" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 9:45 PM

Remember that | is _not_ a bar line, it's a bar check.  Does the
following illustrate how you could do this?

\relative c'' { c1 | c \bar "" c c | c }
     Alas, no.  I played with the \bar command and put in
    some fancy stuff.  But, peculiarly enough, the original
    bar line, mandated I guess by my 3/4 key signature, is
    not replaced.  It is still implacably there!

Alan

No fancy stuff needed. \bar "" puts in a blank bar line.

--
Phil Holmes