Re: Problem with hemiola notation

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Problem with hemiola notation
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 23:30:21 +0200

2013/9/16 Alan McConnell <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:32:25AM +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:
>> 2013/9/15 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
>>
>> > Hi Alan,
>> >
>> > I've got the image, thanks.
>> > Now it's clear what you deserve.
>         "What I deserve"?  Whipping?  Methinks thou art getting
>         Shakespearian, as befits your nom de plume<g>.

:)))
Well, I'm not a native english speaker.
My mistakes may be funny sometimes.
All I hope is that they are not misleading, offending, injurious ...

>> > I know no way to let LilyPond checking bars without complain for code like:
>> > \relative c' { \time 3/4 c4. d8 bes4. | a8 a4. g8 | }
>> > Even if you use the "Completion_heads_engraver".
>          It is very possible that the compiler issued some warnings.
>          I didn't pay attention; I looked for the "successfully
>          completed" message, and then refreshed the .ps,
>
>          I have let my eye run over your two solutions, and I am
>          totally awed and bowled over.  I notice your tons of guile,
>          which is very impressive.  Although I am somewhat familiar
>          with LISP, I have only used guile in a couple of spots
>          in my sorties into LIlypond.   So I shall do some more
>          reading and experimenting.
>
>          I have already remarked: the string players who have
>          played my parts as I set them -- bad bar checking and
>          all -- didn't seem to have difficulty; they were more
>          startled than anything else.  Which leads me to another
>          thought:  is it possible to delete _one_ bar line?
>          My thought(please excuse again the rough code indication,
>          for which I have been chastised several times!):  what
>          about
>                |ees4 d c | c4. d8 bes4. \delete{|} a8 a4. g8 | g2 r4 | ?
>          This would be extremely unkosher -- I know nowhere where
>          this is done -- but I think it would be readable.  I
>          would like to try it on my LA friends and on my own 4tet.
>
>          Is it easy to implement such a \delete function, as
>          implemented above?  I would want the spacing to be
>          just as if the barline were there . . .
>
> All thoughts/ideas/implementations welcome!

As others remarked already

prints no BarLine, it is a check whether the measure is "full".

Do I understand correctly that you ask about empty/invisible/no
BarLine at some point of time?
And not about deleting a barcheck by hindsight?

If yes, easiest might be to use \bar "", (was said already).
Regard:

\relative c' {
    c1
    \bar ""