Re: How to have separate \paper variables for different scores in the sa

From: Dominic
Subject: Re: How to have separate \paper variables for different scores in the same book?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

An example of what? I am not reporting a bug, I am asking what the correct
method is to achieve a certain outcome. I listed my attempts in order to
illustrate things I had already tried.

I am using the very latest development version (2.17.26), but I also use the
stable version via lilybin.com (2.16.2) when I am away from my home
computer.

The manual indicates that 'system-system-spacing' should go in a paper
block, and so the following example, as I now know, will not have the
intended effect:

/\score {
        \new Staff << \repeat unfold 2 { \repeat unfold 16 { c'4 } \break } >>
        \layout {
                system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #99

\score {
        \new Staff << \repeat unfold 2 { \repeat unfold 16 { g'4 } \break } >>
}

\paper { system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #16 }/

I was curious to know whether there was a proper way to go about adjusting
system spacing on a score-by-score basis.