Re: Parenthesize

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Parenthesize
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:58:11 -0700

Hi, David.

Probably poor wording of the question on my part.

No, my original intent was to parenthesize two notes in a simple
volta repeat which are played only the last time through.  A less
tiny example, in which \parenthesize (or my understanding of it)
fails in both a melody staff and a chord staff use case would be:

\version "2.17.26"

anychords = \new ChordNames \chordmode {
  c1
  c2 \parenthesize { d4:m7 g:7 }
}

anymusic = \new Staff \relative c' { c4 \parenthesize { d e f } c4 d e f }

\score {
  <<
    \anychords
    \anymusic