Re: lilypond-musicxml2ly-dev

From: pls
Subject: Re: lilypond-musicxml2ly-dev
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 10:34:52 +0100

On 04.02.2014, at 09:41, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 04.02.2014 09:08, schrieb Martin Tarenskeen:

Hi,

When I look at the lilypond-musicxml2ly-dev fork from Philomenos.net on
Github I see that the last commit has been 6 months ago. Also when I
look at their code the Lilypond version still says "2.15.95". I always
wondered why the improvements on musicxml2ly could not be done within
the normal main Lilypond development tree and bugreporting system
(mailinglists, bugtracker, bugsquad) And I very much doubt now if this
separate fork speeds up the improvement of musicxml2ly. After 6 months,
have the improvements from Philomenos been merged in the official
Lilypond development tree yet? If not, who is waiting for who?

AFAIK the philomelos devs are waiting for either time to merge their work with main LilyPond or for anybody else willing and able to do so.

The current situation isn't in any way intentional but only the result of lack of time on all sides.
true!

btw: the LilyPond version number “2.15.95” is irrelevant.  It just hasn’t been removed. musicxml2ly-dev calls convert-ly to update the syntax automatically.

patrick