Re: Beam subdivision

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Beam subdivision
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 13:34:48 +0000

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
This is good, and helpful, but I was wanting two beams between the groups of 32s, not one. [Maybe this is non standard after all.]

Ah my apologies; I misread your mail. A quick search didn't yield what property sets the default at one beam for subdivision. Without changing that your best bet would be to make a function that does what you wrote automatically. I'm not good at writing music functions, but below is one I just hacked up. It only works when there are 10 notes in the tuplet, but it should illustrate how to do it. The proper way would probably involve specifying a music-list of notes and working on that. Someone else might best know how to do it.

\version "2.18.2"

tenTuplet =
#(define-music-function
  (parser location note1 note2 note3 note4 note5 note6 note7 note8 note9 note10)
  (ly:music? ly:music? ly:music? ly:music? ly:music? ly:music? ly:music? ly:music? ly:music? ly:music?)
  #{
  \tuplet 5/4 { #note1
  \bl #note2
  \br #note3
  \bl #note4
  \br #note5
  \bl #note6
  \br #note7
  \bl #note8
  \br #note9
  #note10 }
  #})

bl = \once \override Stem.beaming = #(cons (list 0 1 2) (list 0 1))
br = \once \override Stem.beaming = #(cons (list 0 1) (list 0 1 2))

\score {
  \relative c'' {
    \time 1/4
    \tenTuplet e,32[