Pedals as Dynamics

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Pedals as Dynamics
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:56:00 +1100

Greetings folks,

I’m using a Dynamics context for pedals. I would like to be able to replace the vertical up bracket at the end of certain sustainOff events with an arrowhead or other glyph or indeed some postscript. How could this be done?

What are pedal line markings exactly? Are they TextSpanners or DynamicLineSpanners? While we are on the topic, where is the documentation about how to change text at the right and left of TextSpanners? This sort of thing:

\once \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details right text) = \markup { "foo" }

Andrew