Re: Shorten hairpin

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Shorten hairpin
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:36:34 -0500

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:

@David: Of course it would be nice to have an adapted version of your
function that handles the different contexts. But considering the
complexity of the function you already provided, I have to say: Please
do not spend too much time on it. It is not super urgent for me.

I don't see any easy way to do this.

You could determine the X-coordinate of the object you want the hairpin to align to and scale the hairpin stencil in the X-axis; however, this could result in distortion.

Better would be to allow modification of the starting and ending points in the stencil function itself--the equivalent of shorten-pair.  I can't give you a function to plug in--it would involve converting the 220 line C++ hairpin stencil function into Scheme to make some additions.  Well, to be fair, some of those lines are comments...

Sorry I can't be of more help.

--David