Re: Disappearing barlines with skipBars - possible bug?

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Disappearing barlines with skipBars - possible bug?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:31:52 +0000

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Mark Knoop <address@hidden> wrote:
Tuplets across barlines are a relatively common notational practice and
work perfectly well in LilyPond. It is undesirable that they should
require a workaround for use in parts with skipBars.

If I understand you correctly it seems that skipBars simply shouldn't apply to notes then? To clarify what I meant: I can't think of any score where notes that cross barlines would leave any bars empty, which begs the question of what exactly skipBars is supposed to do with notes that cross barlines? My understanding was that it merges the bars in question.

I would be interested in others' opinions on this.

I still think you should send this to the bug list, where it is more likely to get discussed (some of the developers there are not subscribed to the user list).