Re: Parenthesised articulation issue

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Parenthesised articulation issue
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 10:43:45 +0200

Am 15.08.2015 um 05:41 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
Apologies for the somewhat lengthy MWE, but I only get this problem in this
context, and have not found a shorter way to generate the issue.

Just try to leave out things. Try less notes (and less voices), less different pitches, less staff switches, only one example of failing \parenthesize; leave out unnecessary overrides and explicit script and stem directions, clefs, time signatures, and function definitions that aren’t necessary for the example … And try to completely leave out the staff switch (but print a kneed beam on one staff) and you’ll find that it seems to be necessary to reproduce the error, so leave it in. Here is a much smaller example:

\version "2.19.25"

<<
  \new Staff = "upper" {
    s4
  }
  \new Staff {
    b16-\parenthesize-> b b
    \change Staff = upper

What am I doing wrong?

This seems to be a lilypond bug, so you’re not doing anything wrong. I reported it to the bug list.