Re: error code question

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: error code question
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:46:58 +0200

> Hi Lilyponders,
>
> When compiling quite a large score I'm getting this error. Could anyone tell
> me where to even start looking for the problem?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Craig
>

> Drawing
> systems.../Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/output-lib.scm:1391:18:
>  In procedure ly:grob-array->list in expression (ly:grob-array->list
> (ly:grob-object left-bound #)):
>
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/output-lib.scm:1391:18:
>  Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting Grob_array): ()
>
> Exited with return code 1.
>

> Craig Dabelstein

Most likely you somewhere apply a custom-function with
(ly:grob-array->list (ly:grob-object left-bound
in the code.

ly:grob-object returns an empty list in your case, thus
ly:grob-array->list expecting a grob-array complains. The error
message doesn't return the second argument with which ly:grob-object
is called, so I cn't say more yet.

Find and check this function for typos and/or c/p-errors.

Find where this function is applied in your music, boil it down to a
minimal example and post it here.
Otherwise noone can say why it happens.

Cheers,
  Harm