Re: \transpose and quoting

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: \transpose and quoting
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 16:09:37 +0100

On 15/08/15 15:55, Simon Albrecht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m looking for a way to quote another voice, but in a different octave.
> My thinking was: ‘\quoteDuring is a music function, so it returns music,
> so I can wrap it into \transpose c c, {} and all’s fine.’ However,
> \transpose has no effect.
> Using \transposition doesn’t seem quite the right way, or is it?
>
> TIA for any help, Simon

\transpose is a funny beast ...

Don't quote me on this, I use it all the time but I don't really
understand it, but it's something like transpose takes notes, and
outputs music. So you can't feed music in, it doesn't understand it.

As I said, I don't understand it myself, but it's something along those
lines. So transposition could well be the right way.

Cheers,
Wol