Guitar Chord Fret Diagram - "T" above string fretted with thumb

From: tone
Subject: Guitar Chord Fret Diagram - "T" above string fretted with thumb
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 15:37:18 -0700 (MST)

I would like to place the letter "T" above the strings fretted with my thumb.
This is usually only the low E string.  Some chords require five fingers.
Other chords are more conveniently played with the thumb on the low E.

Here is a picture I edited with an external program to include the letter
"T" above the low E string:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179738/Fret_Diagram_with_Thumb.png>

I am looking for the simplest solution, not necessarily the most efficient.
I have scoured the web, and have not found a satisfying method to achieve
this.  Any help is appreciated.  Below is a minimal working example.

*LilyPond Code*

*Files*
ly:   Fret_Diagram_without_Thumb.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179738/Fret_Diagram_without_Thumb.ly>