Re: Guitar Chord Chart - Align Fret Diagram with Chord Names and Notes

From: tone
Subject: Re: Guitar Chord Chart - Align Fret Diagram with Chord Names and Notes
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 08:04:37 -0700 (MST)

*Solved*:  Here is one method I have found to align the fret diagram with the
chord names and notes.  It's not elegant, but it is predictable.

I use "\markup{ \concat {\transparent "4" \hspace #0.3 \custom-fret  ...
}}.  The "4" is the fret number, and the "#0.3" is the space added due to
the fret label horizontal offset "(fret-label-horizontal-offset . -0.3)".
This offset needs to be adjusted for double digits.  However, it is
predictable.  Here are the adjustments for the G7 chords:

Here is an image I edited with an external program to illustrate the good
alignment:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179815/Chord_Chart_good_Spacing.png>

*LilyPond Code for the entire chord chart*

*Files*
ly:   Chord_Chart_good_Spacing.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179815/Chord_Chart_good_Spacing.ly>

pdf:   Chord_Chart_good_Spacing.pdf
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179815/Chord_Chart_good_Spacing.pdf>

png:   Chord_Chart_good_Spacing.png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179815/Chord_Chart_good_Spacing.png>

Note:  You will need to play with the "\hspace" argument to get the
alignment correct if you are not using LilyJAZZ.

I am still interested in defining a fretboard with fret numbers on both
sides---one of them an invisible (phantom) character.  This is beyond my
level of expertise.  Anyone know how to code this?