Re: Randomness in layout

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Randomness in layout
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 21:46:27 +1000

Hi Malte,

This is exactly what the OP requested. Although admirable technically,
aesthetically, to me, with the clash between the precision engraving and the
slurs, it looks disturbing, and erroneous. Just my two cents worth - it’s a
topic I have been musing on for a long time. And lilypond is largely about
aesthetics, after all (otherwise we would all be using Those Other Programs).

Later on when we teach computers how to write properly with a pen in fine
copperplate script, all this will become easy. :-)

Andrew