Tablature - Hiding Tied Notes

From: mike1951
Subject: Tablature - Hiding Tied Notes
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 08:40:18 -0700 (MST)

I used to add a snippet to my Lilypond tablature files that would
automatically hide the tied-to note, but newer versions have broken the
snippet.  Is there another (elegant) way to do this?  I'm using '\hide'  for
now, but I do a lot of ties, so I'd like it to be the default behavior.  The
snippet I used, but no longer works is:

#(define (tie::tab-clear-tied-fret-numbers grob)
         (let* ((tied-fret-nr (ly:spanner-bound grob RIGHT)))
                 (ly:grob-set-property! tied-fret-nr 'transparent #t)))

Can this be fixed?

Thanks for any help.

Mike