Re: always set beam outside of staff

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: always set beam outside of staff
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 06:49:25 -0700

Greetings Harm,

Ugly is a subjective matter.

The work I do setting massively dense scores for my New Complexity School colleague uses his personal style where all beams are always outside the staff lines. This he does for various personal reasons, one of which is to in fact aid legibility in the dense scores where there is a lot going on on the staff area, and partly just his view of what ‘looks good’ (yet again subjective).

So there is a use case for this work, I’d say.

I manage it just by having a simple function for setting beam positions - but my scores seem to consist mostly of this function! :-)

Andrew