Re: BendSpanner-engraver

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: BendSpanner-engraver
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 18:36:04 +0200

Hi Harm,

I did not have much time to fully test it, but wow.
This is awesome! Kudos to you!

I'll give a more detailed report after some tests, but this may take a while.

Cheers,

Marc

Am 11.09.2016 um 11:53 schrieb Thomas Morley:
Hi all,

as result of my private None-Google-Summer-of-Code, I'd like to
announce a BendSpanner-engraver.

It's based on our scheme-text-spanner.ly from the reg-test and the
fabulous work of Marc Hohl and his bend.ily
Thanks, to Stephen MacNeil who provided a couple of images from
printed editions.

A new grob, BendSpanner, is defined. Line-breaks, skylining, dashed
line for 'pre-bend-hold and a lot more work out of the box.
It's highly customizable. In the demo some possibilities are
demonstrated. More in the test-files.
Currently it works only for TabStaff, coding something for
default-Staff/Voice is on the TODO-list.

Though, currently it's pretty slow in compilation. The reason for this
slugginess
is the feature not to bend open strings and to ex- or include notes to bend,
more precisley it's the definiton for `bend::remove-certain-tab-note-heads'.

Not sure how to improve this, any hint is highly appreciated.

Ofcourse this is the first time the code is made public.
I expect several not yet noticed bugs or missing features.

Please report back.

Cheers,
  Harm