Re: BendSpanner-engraver

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: BendSpanner-engraver
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 19:33:59 -0500

Hi Harm,

This looks marvelous!  I know nothing about the notation, but the demo
file is simply beautiful to behold.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Harm
>>
>> I'm not a fretted-string player, but this looks very impressive!  This will
>> be a tremendous addition to LP!
>>
>> Trevor
>
> Hi Trevor,
>
> currently the whole thing is more at pre-pre-alpha state ;)
> Though, with David Nalesniks MeasureCounter we have at least one other
> grob defined entirely in scheme, iirc.

It is.

> This encourages me :)

It would be simple enough to move the bits into the various files.
This will be very satisfying in the case of bend-grob-defs.ly!

One drawback, of course, is the issue of automatic documentation.
There will be information in the IR (grob, interface, event), but the
engraver won't be represented.

Kudos!

David