Re: trying to reproduce unusual time signature

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: trying to reproduce unusual time signature
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 13:42:51 +0200

On 17.09.2016 08:08, Kim Shrier wrote:
I am re-typsetting a piece from a modern (1950’s) edition
of some 14’th century music, in order to make it easier to
read and play from.  It has a time signature that looks like:

      3
2 x -
      4

If I may give some counsel here: Make it easy and just use 6/4. There’s no additional information we gain from the extraordinary 2x3/4, and IIUC using meters of 6 is very common in transcriptions of such early music.

Best, Simon