Re: Please help with Lilypond calling Scheme

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Please help with Lilypond calling Scheme
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 23:07:24 +0200

The # switches from LilyPond to Scheme. This means that once you are in Scheme you don't need it again.

#(colorNote #offset)

should read

#(colorNote offset)

HTH
Urs

Am 20. September 2016 19:12:26 MESZ, schrieb PMA <address@hidden>:
Hi Lilypond Gurus!

I need help, when you can spare the time, to get an already-
working Lilypond music function to call my just-added Scheme
routine.

This Scheme procedure works when called directly from Guile:
entering "(colorNote -1)" get output "red".

(define (colorNote n)
(cond ((eq? (- n) 1) 'red )
((eq? (- n) 2) 'blue)))

But in trying to evoke the procedure, the following Lilypond
function hits two snags: it apparently doesn't see colorNote
at all, and even if it did, it still would not convert the
returned "red" to "#red". (I've omitted irrelevant lines.)

FS =
#(define-music-function (parser location offset) (number?)
#{
\override NoteHead.font-size = #offset % This line works.
%\override NoteHead.color = #red % This line worked.
\override NoteHead.color = #(colorNote #offset) % *ERRORS*.
#})

I suspect that a fix here is easy. But it's beyond my naive
struggles. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Pete

lilypond-user mailing list
address@hidden