Re: More trill questions

From: Martin
Subject: Re: More trill questions
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 09:42:06 -0400

I realized my mistake as I woke up this morning... Sorry for the idiotic question and thanks for the help!

From: "H. S. Teoh" <address@hidden>
Date: November 4, 2016 at 7:19:43 PM EDT

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 07:13:20PM -0400, Martin wrote:
Hi again,
I don't understand why the example below doesn't work.
From what I can see, starting with a trill in a polyphonic passage triggers a "syntax error, unexpected EVENT_IDENTIFIER".
I got it to work is the trill is on the 2nd note...

The \trill command is supposed to *follow* the trilled note, so it
should be written c2\trill instead of \trill c2.

--T

I don't understand why the example below doesn't work.
From what I can see, starting with a trill in a polyphonic passage triggers a "syntax error, unexpected EVENT_IDENTIFIER".
I got it to work is the trill is on the 2nd note...
I tried writing out the voices ( "\new Voice { ... }" ) but it didn't work either.
Thanks for your help!
Martin

\version "2.18.2"
\score {