Re: Mystery empty staves appear on score

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Mystery empty staves appear on score
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 08:32:34 +0100

Hi mclaren,

I would not know how to play these nested tuplets and I would have
difficulties with that piece. But that's not the question.

The empty staves are there, because you ask for them with your \breaks
variable. Wherever you put \breaks into the music (at least 3 times in
your score), you get a dotted half note (2.) of invisible rests. Then a
line break and then again a halfnote of empty staff lines (invisible
rests) and another line break, i.e. in total one empty staff line.

HTH,
Joram