Skyfonts

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Skyfonts
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:44:49 +1100

Greetings All,

I have recently commenced using Windows 10 (normally a Mac an Linux user myself). I have a Monotype font library subscription giving access to over 2000 fonts. These are downloaded and placed on one’s machine in a private, hidden location, in order to preserve the type foundries’ intellectual property. All the Adobe Creative Cloud applications are able to make use of these fonts, as is Office.

The question is, since they are not in the standard sort of location, is lilypond able to make use of such fonts at all? So far, I have been unable to persuade it to do so. The output of

lilypond -dshow-available-fonts

does not list any of the Skyfonts installed fonts.

I suppose I am not expecting it to, but I would be delighted if it were possible. Do any Windows 10 lilypond users know if this may be achieved? Since the fonts are hidden and encrypted, it is not a simple matter of making copies into the normal locations.

Andrew