Re: Dynamically outputting \books

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Dynamically outputting \books
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 18:04:40 -0700

On 2016-11-10 12:36 PM, Morten Lemvigh wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create a procedure to create rehearsal midi files for each voice of a choir piece. In order to do that I need to be able to dynamically create \book blocks (one for each voice). Is that possible? I have tried to have a music function output it like:

rehearsalMidi =
#(define-music-function
  (parser location)
  ()

but that gives me an error:

music function cannot return #<Book>

Is there some way to dynamically create book blocks?
Have you tried Frescobaldi's score wizard or template facilities? I use them frequently for your specific purpose, giving me voice tracks with the track voice highlighted and the others at a lower dynamic. I have also used the various MIDI properties such as pan position to isolate a voice on the left, e.g., with the remainder on the right.

Cheers,
Colin

--
Dread success. To have succeeded is to have finished one's business on earth, like the male spider, who is killed by the female the moment he has succeeded in his courtship. I like a state of continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind.
 -- George Bernard Shaw