Creating a define-music-function for displaying count of repeat bars

From: Charles Bockett-Pugh
Subject: Creating a define-music-function for displaying count of repeat bars
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 10:31:04 +0000

Attached is an example ly source file. I am trying to create a short cut with a define-music-function to display the count of repeat bars using the \repeat unfold command. The example has the long-hand version, new to lilypond version 2-18-2, and it works as shown in bars 2 to 4. My short cut does not work, as shown in the attached output file source.pdf. I am expecting bars 5-8 to be numbered 1-4. Anyone know why it fails?

--
Best regards,
Charles Bockett-Pugh