Re: Curious thing about ties

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Curious thing about ties
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 06:08:46 +0100

Good morning everyone,

On 15 Nov 2016, at 02:30, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
I know lilypond strives to do as much good layout as it can without requiring tweaks, but this seems a step too far.

I can fully agree with the first part of your statement - for my needs, LP has always been perfect! As I said - the tie-issue had seemed noteworthy but not necessarily wrong (or ugly) to me ...

I would say it is undesirable, and a defect. Others may differ.

I think we should make those irrational meters and broken tuplets our top priority.

Seriously, I know it's easily fixable by using tie directions. (I've never gotten deep enough into tweaking to use anything like penalties...) But if you (Andrew) think the bug squad should be involved, I trust you on this and forward this thread to them.

Best,
Robert