Re: Incorrect note alignment

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Incorrect note alignment
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:32:04 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Noeck [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
My aesthetic feeling would like to centre-align them.

MuseScore 2.0.3 does this. I personally don't find the left-alignment bothersome and find that it gives more natural continuity to the left-to-right notion of time management. I can definitely see the center-alignment aesthetic, though.

Still, I would not over-interpret Behind Bars. If Gould states it
explicitly: ok, but the examples are also done with some program, I
guess. In case there is a detail she does not care enough, there can be
cases where she accepts the program's default output without saying that
other solutions are necessarily bad or wrong.

That "some program" is Sibelius, so there's much to be taken with a grain of salt.

--
Abraham