Re: openLilyLib

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: openLilyLib
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 01:23:28 +0100

Dear Urs,

thanks for answering this long mail. I see much clearer now.

> (And the fact that I didn't reply to your private email doesn't "mean"
> anything. It's just that I didn't manage to do that yet (and after this
> public reply I'll probably drop it anyway).

No worries. That's perfectly fine.

> I think I should create a second "organization"...

Sounds good. Thanks for the explanation of the repos.

>> So do I want to use snippets still?
>
> Yes, you want to.
> What is bound to be abandoned is the stuff inside /ly.
> Most of it has been moved to separate packages by now (and yes, this
> stuff should clearly be deprecated), but the "gridly", "stylesheets" and
> "tablature" packages are still in that place.

I see.

>>> Other packages (like scholarLY or the edition-engraver) can be either
>>> loaded thorugh oll-core's module handling or \include-d directly (upon
>>> which they'll implicitly load oll-core).

I still don't understand: What means through oll-core's module handling?
What should I write in my .ly file to load a module (apart from the way
via \include)?

Best,
Joram