Re: New LilyPond website

From: Paul
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:49:47 -0500

On 11/30/2016 07:21 PM, John Roper wrote:

So, does texinfo create all the markup and you add the styling, or do
you add some of the markup?  If so, where is it?

The HTML files are generated from texinfo source files. The CSS files are just CSS files which are edited directly.

In the lilypond source repo go to Documentation/web and in there are several ".itexi" files which are the source for the website. Each file contains the source for more than one web page (which IMHO is not ideal).

Oh, and the home page is in the file Documentation/web.texi for some reason.

The CSS files are in Documentation/css

Let me know if you have other questions. I found that working with texinfo was a bit of a learning curve. LilyPond's texinfo files use a number of custom macros, for example.

Cheers,
-Paul