Re: OOoLilyPond

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 19:00:53 +0100

Am 2017-01-11 um 15:54 schrieb SoundsFromSound <address@hidden>:

> Klaus Blum wrote
>> Does it work now?
>> OOoLilyPond-0.oxt
>> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n199086/OOoLilyPond-0.oxt>

Hi Klaus,
I tried it with LibreOffice 5.1.6.2 on OSX. All messages translated from German.

- Installation works.
- If I try to check for extension updates, I get a modal dialog
"http://extensions.openoffice.org/extension/ooolilypond.xml doesn’t exist.". No
wonder, but I can’t close it (probably a bug in LO).
- Killed LO, checked extension manager, extension is still there.
- Toolbar has a "OLy" button now. Click.
- Macro editor opens with an error message "Invalid value or data type. Index
out of range." in line 123, function LilyPondVersion():
        sLilyPondVersion = Split(sWords(UBound(sWords)), ".")
- Same if I open OOoLilyPond via Extras/Add-Ons menu.
- I didn’t find the settings dialog.

- Updated to LibreOffice 5.2.4.2, first check without language pack:
- Icon is gone, check extension manager: OOoLilyPond is gone.
- Update fails with the same error message for a different OO extension.
- Killed app, restartet. Re-installed OOoLilyPond.
- Same error, this time in English: "Inadmissible value or data type. Index out
of defined range."
- I comment the conflicting lines.
- Calling the macro again tells me there was a templates folder created. (Yes
it is.)
- Error message: "Cannot open the template file:
~/OOoLilyPond-Templates/Default.ly" (Folder is empty)
- Error message: "No templates are found at ... LilyPond will not work without
a template." OOoLy Editor opens.
- Extracted the templates from your OXT. Configured the path to my lilypond
binary.
- Load Default.ly
- Button "Ly Output" shows version statement, seems to be ok.
- Button "LilyPond" … waterballing … YES it works! (PNG mode)
- SVG mode finds no output, EPS mode places text of EPS file into frame

HTH

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle