Re: Warning about beam slope configuration

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Warning about beam slope configuration
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 23:47:43 +0100

On 21.01.2017 21:46, David Sumbler wrote:
could somebody explain to me what the warning
actually means, and what I would need to do to stop it appearing?

It signifies problem in the calculation of beam slope. I get it all the time with kneed beams, even when the printed result is perfectly satisfactory.
If it isn’t, something like
{ 8-\offset positions #'(10 . -10) [ 8] }
might help.
And in case the warning is the only problem: insert this at top level
#(ly:expect-warning "no viable")
The warning will be suppressed, and you’ll get a warning if there is no warning anymore to be suppressed.

Best, Simon