Re: \footnote does nothing? :(

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: \footnote does nothing? :(
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:22:33 +0100

On 23.01.2017 21:06, Ian Ring wrote:

I've inserted a \footnote into my score, but it doesn't do anything. Just wondering where I might look for problems. I'm fairly new to Lilypond. The LY source is in a private git repo but I can share it somewhere public if anyone is willing to take a diagnostic look at it.

\footnote is known to usually do something :-) so it’s not possible to tell without having a look at the code. More precisely, you need to have a go at producing a minimal example (see <http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html>), so anybody helping you out won’t have to filter out irrelevant parts himself. Just try deleting (or commenting out) parts of the project and see if the problem persists. If nothing can be removed, you’ve found a minimal example – or you’ll find the error on the way, that happens fairly often.

Best, Simon