Re: Is there an online / hosted version of Lilypond?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Is there an online / hosted version of Lilypond?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:27:34 +0100

Mark Klenk <address@hidden> writes:

> I am just learning Lilypond for the first time, and it seems quite powerful
> although not at all intuitive.
>
> Thankfully, lilybin.com (v2.18.2) tells me *where* my errors are although
> it requires some trial and error to fix.
>
> Having said that, it's really good - midi and pdf generation, and having
> the spec be text is great (portability, future proofing).
>
> One problem I could not figure out is how to specify a suboctave treble
> clef (the one with the little '8' below it). I tried \clef french, \clef
> GG, to no avail.
>
> Any thoughts?

When everything else fails, read the documentation.

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#clef>

By adding _8 or ^8 to the clef name, the clef is transposed one octave down or
up respectively, and _15 and ^15 transpose by two octaves. Other integers can
be used if required. Clef names containing non-alphabetic characters must be
enclosed in quotes

    \clef treble
    c2 c
    \clef "treble_8"