Re: 48 and 72 ET

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: 48 and 72 ET
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 00:22:40 +0100

> On 10 Feb 2017, at 00:16, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hans Åberg <address@hidden> writes:

>>> And that means that you are not allowed to run convert-ly on them but
>>> have to edit them by hand instead?
>>>
>>> I'll stick with my "that doesn't even make sense" verdict, thank you
>>> very much.
>>
>> Why don't you do it? I have posted the code. So all you have to do is
>> to hack it back, as indicated above,
>
> The code you uploaded is already fixed.  Taking regular.ly from
> x31eq.com and running convert-ly -ed -f 2.18.0 on it fixes the syntax.
>
>> and then run convert-ly on them to see if it works.
>
> It does.
>
> So is there any reason people don't use convert-ly when upgrading to a
> newer version?

For libraries, you would want to keep track of the changes, but running
convert-ly and do a diff is a good suggestion. Though doing it by hand was
quicker, as I remembered the issue and which files needed to be fixed.

In general, though, perhaps people maybe do not think or know about it, so the
process might be automated.