Re: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?

From: ul
Subject: Re: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:00:21 +0100

Am 2017-02-21 13:24, schrieb kmg:

Karl, Urs, thanks for your repositories, definitely interesting stuff there. I'm kinda overwhelmed by all your includes and multiple files + scheme stuff,

Indeed, this is some hardcore stuff, and I only wanted to show the code layout from a repository that is publicly accessible.

but I can appreciate the organisation of larger works

this is a pretty complex infrastructure and only justified because it's an edition that will eventually include several dozens of works which should be consistently designed and structured. And it has one common "entry file" https://git.openlilylib.org/bfsc/kayser/blob/master/make.ly from which you can decide which parts of the edition you want and how you want to set the configuration options.

and will maybe try it out little by little, even for smaller works.

Well-structured files are great and important, but you don't *always* have to go to such lengths as I did here.
More tutorials on that topic would be great, though.

Urs

LilyPond Manuals are great, but seeing some live application is totally different story!

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski